We are a diverse congregation of about 100 members serving central Rockland County, New York. We are joined in our belief that the church is called to be the continuing presence of Christ in the world. We do this by tending to the spiritual needs of our members and friends, and by working together for the health of our community and the world. We affirm our relationship to the Presbyterian Church (USA) family and live our mission by:
- Respecting differences and spiritually embracing all members of the community, regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, religion or sexual orientation;
- Worshipping inclusively with joy, music, and expression of our varied cultures;
- Nurturing one another in Christian development and spiritual growth;
- Partnering with community organizations in mission to help those in need and promote social justice;
- Supporting world-wide efforts toward peacemaking, hunger and homeless relief, self-development of people, and Christian educational ministries;
- Using our buildings, grounds and facilities for the benefit of the community;
- Preserving our rich history while continuing to serve the community of which we are a part.
The New Hempstead Presbyterian Church is a member of the Presbyterian Church USA PC(USA).
At our tri-annual review meeting with Hudson River Presbytery, the review team wrote the following statement about NHPC:
New Hempstead Presbyterian Church is a place where the work of Jesus Christ is
being carried out with love, excitement and trust. The Church family holds each
other in love, reaches outward into the community and is fed by a sense of caring
for all. It is a community of Christians who you can always expect to speak the
truth in love.