An historic memory from Bob Greenhalgh
Church records say that our original church meeting house was a frame building with board siding and roofed with shingles split and shaved by hand. It stood north of our present building 25 feet, with its gable ends facing north and south.
When it was torn down in 1827 to make way for the building we’re in now, its remains were sold. Only six windows were offered for sale. The original structure was only a little more than half the size of our present church—begun in 1827 and finished in 1827.